Hi, I'm Michelle:
Full Stack Developer
I’m Michelle, a creative Full Stack Developer with a passion for the Front End. I am currently living in the Portland, Oregon Area. Nothing excites me more than immersing myself in a good challenge or a great book. Solving puzzles and complex logic problems is something I started doing as a kid and still love to do today. Coding makes my inner kid ecstatic by combining logical problem solving and my artistic passions. When not coding, I am spending my time creating something new, getting involved in the local tech community, or exploring the world around me with my trusty Nikon camera. If you’re curious to know more about me or the various projects I work on I invite you to continue to check out my website or connect with me on social media.View Projects
Too Many Details
- Name:Michelle J Levine
- Current City I Call Home:Portland, Oregon Area
- Original Home Town:San Francisco / Bay Area, California
- Job Title:Full Stack Developer
- Hobbies:Reading,Photography, Painting, Gaming,Coding
- Furthest I have been from home:7,581 Miles (Sydney, Australia)
- Currently Reading:The Fires of Heaven by Robert Jordan
Want to know something else? Send me amessage!
Coding in my Community
Women Who Code
Portland has an amazing tech community, full of people who have helped me grow in so many different ways.Women Who Code was the first group I got involved with when I moved to Portland. I am so excited that I am now a part of the leadership team working on Networking Nights and other events. Checkout upcoming events onMeetup.com and say "hi". You can read more about my experiences with WWC in thispost I wrote.
I recently started working as a co-organizer for thePDX Node meetup group. I'm working with the other organizers on both the demo and hack nights, to bring in speakers and otherwise make the events awesome.
Mentoring: Mentorship Saturday & Free Code Camp
Now that I have built up some experience in the field, I enjoy being able to take some time to help new developers that I meet. I have a great passion for sharing what I have learnt with others. I frequently mentor atMentorship Saturdays andFree Code CampMeetups, as well as more official relationships with junior developers.
Conferences and Hackathons I've Attended
- Write Speak Code -, 2017Portland, Oregon
- Indie Web Summit -, 2017Portland, Oregon
- Open Source Bridge -, 2017Portland, Oregon
- ACT-W -, 2017Portland, Oregon
- Developer Week -, 2017Pier 27 in San Fransisco, California
- Developer Week Hackathon -, 2017Galvanize in San Francisco, California
- Hack the Dot, 2017Vacasa in Portland, Oregon